Thursday, March 11, 2010

Loafer Ladies is an oxymoron

Today was my monthly writers group meeting. We have been together for quite a while. Over three years if I am counting right. At our very first meeting we very cleverly named ourselves the Loafer Ladies. Not only does the name imitate the name of the street on which many of our members live, it also indicates the expectations we wanted to set from the beginning. Or rather, the lack therof. It's a no-pressure, relax and have-fun-socializing kind of group. Which is a really good place to be for someone like me.
However, I am actually the exception, instead of the rule. I am surrounded by motivated, succesful writers! Ironically, that is also a really good place to be for someone like me.
Today was a lot of fun. We made these completely awesome dry-erase charts for building structure in a storyline. It's just what I needed. Liquid Creativity needs a solid form to be poured into.

4 comments:

  1. It was fun! I'm so glad you came. I love Loafer Ladies. I stole that EB White quote for my next post. I was going to include a link to your blog. Is that okay with you, or would rather I didn't? It's good to get your blog out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. I must say I'm a little jealous. I would LOVE to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun, wasn't it? I love the last line of this blog post! And your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete